Size 4 Jeans!!!

ks4
on 1/5/09 10:26 am - Fitchburg, MA

Size 4 jeans.  How can this be possible?  Never in my wildest dreams would I ever have thought I'd be in a size 4.  I just went shopping at Fashion Bug and bought two pairs of sz 4 jeans and 5 sz small shirts/sweaters.  I also recently picked up a winter pea coat sz 4/6.  I'm starting nursing school this month and I saw some scrubs on the clearance rack so I figured I'd try some on...I'll need them eventrully.  Well they were Halloween scrubs and only $3.00.  I picked up two and they were both XS.  My daughter got a sweater for christmas from Macy's.  It's a dkny sweater.  It's really nice, but it's not her style.  Size XS.  I wore it all day yesterday and it's super comfy.

I just don't understand.  According to my BMI I'm still considered overweight.  How can someone who is still considered overweight fit into small, extra small and size 4's.  And I mean fit...not squeezed into.

Susan M.
on 1/5/09 10:33 am - MA
Congratulations! that is great :)  Fashion Bug is my favorite store.  I can't wait to buy smaller sizes .
Good luck with nursing school.  is it an Rn program. 
I'm looking into it for the fall :)
ks4
on 1/5/09 11:26 am - Fitchburg, MA
Thank you.  Fashion Bug is one of my favorites too, but it's nice that I have other options now instead of just Fashion Bug plus. 

It is an RN program.  I start January 20th.  I hope I can do it.  I have a lot on my plate as it is and now I'm adding school into it as well.  We'll see how it goes.

Take care and I'm glad you called your surgeon to check out your pain issue.  Don't let it go too long!

purplefans
on 1/5/09 12:38 pm - MA

Isn't it funny abou the  categories.   It really doesn't make sense at all.  How tall are you?    But still - SIZE 4!   WOWWWWW   

Congratulations on starting nursing school.  Are you going for any particular specialty?  I've thought about going back to school for Occupational Therapy, but haven't made the big decision yet.       

ks4
on 1/5/09 10:05 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Thank you.  I'm 5'5".  But I think I've shrunk in height.  I'm probably closer to 5'3-1/2" now.

As for nursing I'm just doing general studies right now.  We'll see what happens.  I'm thinking maturnity, but if I can't do that, then possibly bariatrics.

Susan M.
on 1/5/09 8:37 pm - MA
I'm sure you'll be ok in school.  Nursing school is stressful but will be worth it in the long run!
I can't wait to start  school :)
Sue M.
on 1/5/09 9:53 pm - Nantucket, MA
Where to start?!  SIZE 4 - You are such an inspiration Kendra!! 

Nursing School!?  That's AWESOME!  Good for you!  I know you can do it - look at the other challenges you have overcome! 

Never forget you are amazing!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
ks4
on 1/5/09 10:02 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Aww Sue, thank you for your kind words.

Yes Nursing school.  I looked into it about five years ago, but the time I needed to devote to school just wasn't in the cards at the time.  My kids were too young and I had no one to watch them and no money to pay for anyone to watch them.  Now my oldest is 14 and can babysit one or two nights a week.

We'll see how it goes.  I have another endevour that I'm working on and I may not need to go to school, but I'm going to start.  We'll see where this path brings me.

Thanks again!

irenethebean
on 1/6/09 12:47 am - foxboro, MA
Congrats!!!  Amazing..size 4???  wowwwww.. i think the last time i was a size 4, i must have benn 4..lolllllllll..
ks4
on 1/9/09 10:38 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hi Irene,
Thank you.  I've never been a four.  I went from a kids size 16 to a woman's 9 when I was in about the 5th grade.  This is all new to me!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views